Thursday 30 September 2010

Where does all the time go?

Yesterday, one of the grandkid's toys, car I think, got stuck behind the sofa.

My daughter had already left with Toby and Jen, but I knew I'd get a phone call the moment they got back, and it'd take an age to find.

So there I was, on my knees (no mean feat at my age) face against the soft furnishing, specs inching up my forehead when I touched it, cold and pulsing with a bluish light.

I knelt, staring, as it showed me images. Flora, when she was still here: smiling, loving, crying. Wasting away.

Decisions, successes. Regrets. (A fair share of those).

It pulled, a tugging behind my ribs; I could change things, it said. Make things right.

I sat a long time, thinking. What is it makes a life?

I cried a while.

And put it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment