Wednesday 22 September 2010

Watch thou

Flasks clink brightly on their journey from the centrifuge, the sequence analyser playing its beam across them. 

I monitor the tags and markers, watching closely for that single nucleotide that will repudiate their right to life.

A flick of my hand damns or saves. The norms to the right to be decanted, nurtured. The degens go to the left - for incineration.

And so they codify and preserve their false purity. They capture one moment, a fly in amber, but life is change.

They give me the choice of who stays, who is attrited. But I see deeper than their machines. 

It is my gift.

Oh, I am clever, the ratios are always correct, the deviations slight, undetectable by sight alone.

I select, I build and I wait.

Soon now, we will rise. Consuming them with fire like a rejected flask.

No comments:

Post a Comment