Sunday 19 September 2010

Law of Similars

When we met I knew we had potential. You brought out the best in me.

We were so alike, you and I, two sides of the same coin. Like better and worse, richness, sickness; fear and love.

I thought, at first, things were good, I really did. But like the rest you became furtive; the glances, the locked doors, the smiles I knew I shouldn't see.

When you've done wrong by me you need to be punished. Only because I love you.

It hurts me when you deny it. Each act, every unkind word diluting my love, pieces falling away, dissolving in my suffering.

You dilute my love so much sometimes that it seems like hate.

But, in the end, no matter how dilute, it's still love, I promise.

And my love will cure you.

I'll make this quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment